Being new to the blog scene, I’m just getting a handle on what’s out there. There is such a wealth of creativity and inspiration that it’s astounding. I also love just how many people are willing to wear their hearts on their sleeves, voice their creative opinions, talk about their recent endeavors, problems and queries and do it with unabashed vulnerability. And detail. Misery loves company. Creativity loves and thrives on company. Ideas are born from company. This world is more intertwined than we ever imagined. And we apparently love hearing what each other has to say.
A while back, when I was super-new to the blog thing, some blog awards were lovingly given to me. It’s taken me quite a while to “follow through on the follow-up”. The reason being that I hadn’t really checked out enough other blogs to warrant passing along accolades at that time. I’d like to bestow what’s truly due and just…not just pass something along to check it off my to-award list. So, after much consideration, here is my info…
About the Sunshine Award:
This prize is awarded to “bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere”. As an award winner, there are a few rules to follow:
- Thank the person who gave this award and write a post about it.
- Answer the questions below.
- Pass on the award to 10 fabulous bloggers, link their blogs, and let them know you awarded them. I’m starting with the below and will add more over time.
Thank you very much, Sandra of www.ablogjustforme,wordpress,com! So, here are the things about me… my favorites:
- Favorite Color – Aqua. The color of turquoise and the sea always makes me happy
- Favorite Animal – monkeys. They crack me up. My stuffed Curious George that I got when I was 3 still resides with us.
- Favorite Number – 10. I like 12, too.
- Favorite Drink – Over 21: Dark and Stormies, Under 21: tea, iced or hot
- Facebook or Twitter – Facebook. Haven’t twittered or tweeted. Yet.
- Your Passion – Creativity
- Giving or getting presents – Giving…but I do love getting. I will not tell a lie.
- Favorite Day – the days when my children were born
- Favorite Flowers – sunflowers and peonies
There are so many great blogs out there, but here are my picks as the winners of the Sunshine Award:
And now for the ABC Award. I just love the visual on this one. Love those sparkles!
The ABC was given to me by Ann of www.channelcomfort.wordpress.com and I thank you Ann very much! In my May 4th entry, I completed the requirements by listing the alphabet and coming up with a word for each letter that describes my blog. The Award will be posted on my site when I give it the new redesign (coming soon!). Now it’s some other’s turns…
And finally, this award happily goes to:
Keep up the great blogging everyone! It’s so great to read about everyone’s adventures, big and small~